- Map Use: Reading, Analysis, Interpretation, eighth edition, is a comprehensive, foundational textbook designed for the college curriculum. Updated with a new chapter highlighting map design, including web maps, the new edition also adds information about what's going on with cartography today, including the use of imagery, remote sensing, and web concepts.
- The companion textbook to The ArcGIS Book, Instructional Guide for The ArcGIS Book teaches new and existing GIS users how to get started solving problems by visualizing, querying, creating, editing, analyzing, and presenting geospatial data in both 2D and 3D environments using the latest ArcGIS mapping app, ArcGIS Pro.
- Explore how imagery and remote sensing power modern GIS. With The ArcGIS Imagery Book, you will roll up your sleeves and quickly begin putting imagery to smarter, more skillful use with your GIS. Even armchair geographers will appreciate this book and its electronic companion for the wealth of gorgeous, inspiring, and occasionally troubling images and links to powerful web apps and maps.
- In the tradition of the best-selling Getting to Know series, Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro teaches new and existing GIS users how to get started solving problems by visualizing, querying, creating, editing, analyzing, and presenting geospatial data in both 2D and 3D environments using the latest ArcGIS mapping app, ArcGIS Pro.
- GIS Tutorial 1: Basic Workbook is a top-selling introductory text for learning ArcGIS 10.3.x for Desktop. The workbook presents GIS tools and functionality, including querying interactive maps, collecting data, and running geoprocessing tools.
- GIS Tutorial 2: Spatial Analysis Workbook provides hands-on exercises to help intermediate-level GIS users build problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Getting to Know ArcGIS, fourth edition, is a comprehensive introduction to the features and tools of ArcGIS for Desktop. The fourth edition includes new exercises on map sharing and georeferencing, new datasets and scenarios, and an introduction to ArcGIS Pro, a powerful new part of ArcGIS.
- What affects the oceans affects terra firma. Ocean Solutions, Earth Solutions, second edition gathers the insights of more than 70 ocean and coastal science researchers exploring ocean components and their relationships, patterns, and trends over time and space. The second edition includes the original 16 chapters, four of which have been updated, plus seven new chapters and additional online resources.
Instructor Resources/Desk Copy Requests
Exercises, data, software, and updates are available for certain Esri Press books. Check out what resources are available for your book.
How to Buy
You can buy Esri Press books online, by calling 1-800-447-9778 within the United States, or at bookstores worldwide. If you are ordering from outside the U.S., please see ordering options.
Information for Resellers
Esri Press books are available to resellers in the United States and Canada through Ingram Publisher Services (IPS).
Ingram Publisher Services
Phone: 1-866-400-5351; FAX: 1-800-838-1149
Visit ingrampublisherservices.com/ordering for a complete guide to placing orders for Esri Press books.
About Esri Press
Esri Press publishes books about the science, application, and technology of geographic information systems (GIS). Esri Press supports the global community with publications that advance geographic understanding, literacy, and learning in all endeavors, including education, business, government, and health care.
Contact Esri Press
Esri Press Catalog
Browse By Category
- A Framework for Geodesign
- A to Z GIS
- Advanced Land-Use Analysis for Regional Geodesign
- Building a GIS, Second Edition
- Building European Spatial Data Infrastructures
- Cartographic Relief Presentation
- Charting the Unknown
- Conservation Planning
- Designed Maps
- Designing Better Maps
- Designing Geodatabases
- Designing Geodatabases for Transportation
- Economic Development and GIS
- Essential Earth Imaging for GIS
- Getting to Know ArcGIS
- Getting to Know Web GIS, 2nd edition
- GIS and Cartographic Modeling
- GIS Research Methods
- Introduction to Geometrical and Physical Geodesy
- Lining Up Data in ArcGIS
- Making Spatial Decisions Using GIS and Lidar
- Map Use
- Mapping and Modeling Weather and Climate with GIS
- Modeling Our World, Second Edition
- Modernizing American Land Records
- Python Scripting for ArcGIS - Bestseller
- Research and Theory in Advancing Spatial Data Infrastructure Concepts
- Semiology of Graphics
- The ArcGIS Book
- The ArcGIS Imagery Book
- The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis, Volume 1
- The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis, Volume 2
- The Esri Guide to GIS Analysis, Volume 3
- The GIS Guide to Public Domain Data
- The Look of Maps
- Thinking About GIS
- Urban Policy and the Census
- Web GIS
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification Study Guide
- Getting to Know ArcGIS for Desktop, Third Edition
- GIS Tutorial 1
- GIS Tutorial 1
- GIS Tutorial 2
- GIS Tutorial 2
- GIS Tutorial for Health, fifth edition
- Instructional Guide for The ArcGIS Book
- Land Administration for Sustainable Development
- Making Spatial Decisions Using GIS and Remote Sensing
- Placing History
- The GIS 20
- Think Globally, Act Regionally
- Understanding GIS: An ArcGIS Project Workbook, Second Edition
- Archaeology and Landscape in the Mongolian Altai
- Cartographica Extraordinaire
- Children Map the World
- Esri Map Book
- ESRI Map Book, Volume 24
- Esri Map Book, Volume 30
- GIS for Building and Managing Infrastructure
- Mapping Forestry
- Mapping the Nation: Government and Technology Making a Difference
- Mapping the Nation: Supporting Decisions that Govern a People
- Mapping Time: Illustrated by Minard's Map of Napoleon's Russian Campaign of 1812
- Salton Sea Atlas
- Analyzing Urban Poverty
- Arc Hydro Groundwater
- Arc Marine
- Citizen Planners
- Confronting Catastrophe
- Enabling Comprehensive Situational Awareness
- GIS for Decision Support and Public Policy Making
- GIS for Environmental Management
- GIS for Homeland Security
- Hydraulic Modeling and GIS
- Mapping the Nation: Building a More Resilient Future
- Marine Geography
- Measuring Up
- Modeling Electric Distribution with GIS
- Ocean Solutions, Earth Solutions, second edition
- The GIS Guide for Elected Officials